– Servicing and M.O.Ts
– All mechanical & electrical servicing undertaken such as brakes, ball joints, bushes, bearings, wipers, engines, lights. – Crash repairs.
– Pop tops stripped & refurbished as new.
– Shells stripped & bare metaled, rust treated, primed & painted. – Full nut & bolt restorations, part restorations, chassis replacement, welding & fabrication services.
– Photographic documentation of restoration work supplied to the customer free of charge.
Interior & Electrical
– Upholstery, door cards, carpets, sound deadening, roof linings, stereo & speaker boards, speaker parcel shelves & boxes.
– Fire extinguisher systems, inverters, split charge systems, lighting, alternator conversions, 240v hook-up, propex gas heaters.
Custom & Conversions
– Sensible lowering, dropped spindles, long travel ball joints, adjustable beams, disc conversions, servo assisted brakes, steering racks (splittys).
Drop us a line or come & visit us at our workshop in Portsmouth
Another good looking van, apparently it had seven and a half thousand spent on it three and a half years ago for a lower half restoration, hmmm yes…well this one is now in for a real lower half restoration all the way round!
The customer of this vehicle paid ten thousand pounds three years ago, apparently this pretty looking van was fully restored. It now needs a complete restoration, the repairs on the vehicle that have been previously done to it were inadequate, dangerous and not legal. But let me remind you people that this van doesn’t require Read more about Example why MOT’s ARE needed…[…]
The horse box bar I built for James at the Coastguard studio is now touring around the local events in Portsmouth, and soon to be off to a folk festival in the west country. I also made him a urinal for the coastguard earlier this year…
I recently had something a little different going on at the garage, a fashion shoot for the clothing brand Chantelle Tungatt London. It was a nice relaxing afternoon, big thanks to Bishy for bringing his 54 barn door down, the photographer was a gentleman called Graham from 3dgphoto, not to hard to tell which ones he Read more about Fashion Shoot for Chantelle Tungatt London[…]
The engine being bench run in the video is for Cher’s splitty from Southsea VW Campers, so if you’re getting married and don’t want your bride to be late give her a call.
Cutting out T4 windows can be a dirty business, first of all the sheet metal is cut out and then the sealer is removed that holds the outer skin the the inner. Then the two edges are spot welded together, unlike some people who bond then, the advantage of spot welding them together is one Read more about T4 Windows[…]
On Nick’s frame the biggest and most precise procedure was to cut off and replace the headset as the old one was damaged and needed to be larger to fit his new forks. There were lots of little modifications from the seat mounts to general welding, tidying and dressing of the frame. I made him Read more about Nick’s Harley[…]
One of my larger jobs, the 1967 bay required a rather large amount of metal work, the van has been in the same family since 1967 they bought it at 6 months old, the vehicle has be driven far and wide, as far as Pakistan and back. It had also had a huge amount of Read more about VW 1967 Bay restoration[…]
Replacement of the lower front and upper outer front panels, be warned if you have had holes in your front panels for a long time expect to have to rebuild the cab floor and the cab floor panels are not available so it all has to be hand fabricated. When replacing any panels I always Read more about VW T25 front end removal[…]
A lot of fabrication on this one, the panels are either very expensive or not available. I replaced and repaired both outer and inner sills, both outer and inner rear arches, the two rear chassis legs and rear cross member and rear corner boot wells. Also, the customer could not get the final door so I Read more about Mercedes 1971 350se w109 resto[…]